Saturday, June 26, 2010

Taggie Blanket Toy

This was such a fun project to make, I don't have a link to anything for this one. Because I saw it at a friends house (thanks Brandi) Her mom had made one for her little girl and I thought it was darling and Carsen loved all the textures.
I just went to the fabric store which is having a sale (40% off) on all fleece! I got a couple of yards....more fleece projects to come!
I just cut a 18x18 inch square out of the fleece and the softie green fabric. I don't know what they call it but it is very soft and it has those little bumps on it. Then I just picked out 12 or 13 different ribbons and bindings with different colors and textures. Note: the fabric store will cut pieces down to 4in in size mine were 6 in and it made then really inexpensive.
Then I put right sides together and ribbons inbetween with edges to edges and pinned the ribbons in place. Then sew around almost the entire square until you have about 4-6 inches left on one side and then flip it right side out and sew rest of edges together. Vioala!!! What a cute quite toy! Carsen loves it as you can see!
Good luck and happy sewing!



No comments: