Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wood Blocks


For an enrichment activity some of the girls in my ward taught us how to make these adorable blocks!
They are really simple and you can personalize it so many different ways!!
Here is what I did.....

~We got 2x2 in blocks of wood, you can get them anywhere from home depot to hobby lobby!
~Next we sanded the edges so they weren't sharp
~Get some scrapbook paper that you like and cut it in 1 3/4" squares
(I used 6 blocks so I had to cut out 36 squares)
~Then I took just a little acrylic paint and painted all the edges.

Here comes the fun part....MOD PODGE :)
~Take a foam brush and paint the block one square at a time and place the paper on the side you applied the mod podge then paint over the paper and let it sit o dry and move on to the next block.
~When they are all done and dried I took scrapbook letter stickers and spelled out my baby's name.

What a fun and cute little decoration for you or to give as a gift!

Happy Crafting! :)

1 comment:

Tyler and Sara said...

What a cute blog. I always like it when people comment on my blog so I commented. This is Sara Smith used to be Sara Flinders from good ol' Weber High. You guys have a cute little boy and I'm glad you are living in Logan. We live in Arizona and I miss Logan terribly I loved it there! Well anyway your blog has a ton of cute ideas. Maybe if I get brave I will attempt one. I have a blog as well, but it is private. E-mail me at tyler.sara@hotmail.com if you would like an invite. Good luck and nice to see you guys are doing well.