Thursday, July 15, 2010

Darling Flower Clippy

I made this bow for my sister's newest baby, Laini. She was blessed on July 4th. She is so sweet and looked beautiful. I had so much fun making this bow. It was fast and easy!
What you need:
any type or color of a satiny fabric
(I also used a sparkly sheer fabric for in between layers of the satin to make it just a little more fancy)
a candle or flame of some sort
4-5 different sizes of circles to have as a pattern
thread
and either a jeweled brad or button for the middle. I just sewed on a button on this one.

So after you cut out the different sizes of circles hold the edges above the flame just until they start to melt a little and curl up, then keep turning till that one is finished.
Do all of the little circles(depending on how many you want on your bow) then stack them how ever you would like. I did every other one the sheer fabric and off set them all just a little so you can see more of the fabric.
Then hold them together and do a single stitch through the middle to hold them all together and then sew the button on. sew it on really well so it would not come off if the child pulled on it or bit it. If you use a brad then just poke or cut a small hole where you want the center and push through.
To finish it I just hot glued the little hair clip and ribbon on the back.
Now you have a cute bow to use or give away!!!




Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Harisay Happenings said...

SUPER cute!

Melissa said...

DARLING!!! Thank you so much for making it for Laini, it was perfect with her dress!!! Thanks again!!! Love ya!

Justi said...

Ok, Hair-Bow! You are so very crafty and creative. This blog is darling. Way to go, girl. You are inspirational. I mean, I don't know if you inspire me enough to learn how to sew a button on but I'll definitely consider it. :)

Love you!

-Scrunchie